Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Having high blood pressure. Been through miscarriage. Later gave birth to baby girl with normal delivery, not able to produce enough milk. Remedy?

Hello, i am 32yr old, with 89kg, height 5'2. I'm having high blood pressure for a long time, from when even i don't know, because it never showed any symptoms. I'm married since 4yrs, in 1st yr after marriage i had a miscarriage of 10weeks, in Feb 2012, i gave birth to a baby boy who died 1 day before birth, had a normal delivery, now a month before i had a baby girl with a normal delivery. I cant drink milk because it increase my blood pressure, i don't want to feed my baby with bottle milk, but i am not producing enough milk to satisfy her, also tell me how to make my blood pressure normal.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic

Congratulations for your baby girl.
Breast milk let is influence by various factors including psychological state of mind,
diet and rhythm of breastfeeding. Stress distorts the mind leading psychological effects which could reduce the milk let down. Diet should be balance and enough to provide for both you and the baby. more so, you should take a lot of fluids without which milk let down will not be effective.
The frequency with which you breastfeed the child also matters, you should breastfeed the child more often to stimulate breast flow continuously. As concerns the hypertension, you need regular follow-up and if the blood pressure requires anti-hypertensive drugs, you need to be put on them.
Best regards and hope this helps you.
Dr Achuo
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor