Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have varicocele in testis, painful. Can I have surgery later?

hello doctors, i am 22 years old. i was diagnosed to have varicocele in my right testicle for 3 years. it has slighty pain but it was tolerable. My doctor advised me that i can have surgery after marriage. My question is, can i have surgery after 5 years from now or after 10 years from now as my doctor advised me? thanks :) i can tolerate the pain, the pain is 4 out of 10. (10 is the most painful) thankyou! :)
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi.The indication of Surgery in Varicocele is Low sperm count(Oligospermia),which is one of the causes of male infertility.As you are tolerating the mild pain,no need for Surgery at present or in the near future.If the Sperm count is normal,NO need for Varicocele surgery at any point of time.All the best.Have nice time.
Answered: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor