Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have vaginal rash, itchy, bumps with moisture secretion. Told consult dermatologist. Suggestions?

Hi. I have some sort of rash in my vaginal area. It is bumps as well that seem to sometimes secrete a moisture. It really itches very bad. I went to the gynecologist and they said it isnt herpes and since she said it wasnt dry then it wasnt exycema (which i have by the way) so she recommended I go to a dermatologist because she didnt know what is was. But i think that is weird to have a dermatologist look at your vagina when they normally look at acne on the face lol do you know what this is? Do you think I should go to a dermatologist or another gynecologist?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

Firstly, i would like to clear your query that dermatologists are also venereologists ie they deal with all sexually transmitted diseases also..
Now as far as your present problem is concerned, you seem to be having Candidiasis of the groin region..
First some general precautions:
Wear cotton clothes and undergarments in order to reduce the sweating
Do not apply any kind of oils / moisturizing lotion over the affected area
Now you dont need to apply aloe vera cream over the affected region.
Just give warm saline compresses over the affected area twice a day and then apply clotrimazole cream
also , you will need to take oral antifungals in the form of fluconazole 150 mg once weekly for 2 weeks...
In case of severe itching, take some antihistamine like levocetrizine once a day .
If inspite of the above measures, the lesions continue to persist or increase , then you might have to see a dermatologist for proper assessment and management

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor