Can STDs be contracted from handling the penis after manual stimulation of a vagina?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, please need your help on this to get clarified.
1) I had protected intercourse with 4 sex workers. I didn't find any breakage in condom in all occasions.
2) I did kissing (not deep, not even with tongue)
3) fingered in the girls vagina (as far as I know, I have not touched my penis or any other blood opening after the fingering)
Please tell me what would be the consequence if I had touched my penis with the same finger after some time.
4) sucked the nipples well ( I was having sores in my tongue at that time, but I didn't see any fluid or blood or milk in the girl nipples)

Last encounter is 5 days back. Now I feel rashes kind of small itchy bumps then and there. Does the above act has any chance of hiv infection or any other STI?

Please clarify. I am affraid.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Protected sex is safe as far as risk of most STDs /HIV is concerned, however, there is still a small risk of HPV and HSV despite protected sex.
If there were no vaginal fluids on your fingers, if and when you touched your penis then there is nothing to worry as most microbes causing STDs don't survive drying and die quickly on exposure to air.
Sucking nipples and kissing is not a risk factor for STDs.

Follow-up: Can STDs be contracted from handling the penis after manual stimulation of a vagina? 1 hour later
Fear here is I am seeing rash kind of itchy red bumps. I want to understand what sexual actions cause HSV OR HPV? I understand skin to skin contact without any fluids doesn't cause any hsv or hpv threat..please clarify sir.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Herpes simplex virus infection (HSV) and human papilloma virus (HPV) infection can be transmitted despite protected sex through skin to skin contact/ rubbing during sexual intercourse.
This happens because a condom does not cover entire shaft of the penis. It leaves base of the penile shaft and adjacent skin of scrotum exposed to skin to skin contact/rubbing and vaginal fluids during sexual intercourse.
Where do you have the itchy bumps? I request you to kindly upload images so that I am able to guide you better.