Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Have upset stomach in the morning, gas, bowel movements. Help

For the past few months, I wake up with an upset stomach . I have no idea why. I don t have much dairy in my diet . I try to eat plenty of fruits and veggies. Many mornings I skip breakfast because I don t feel well. The discomfort usually subsides after a 2-3 hours. Some mornings I have bad gas and bowel movements but even that does not help the symptoms. Can you help me, please?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  452
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for your question.
These type of symptoms are very common. Most of they time they do not actually mean there is an organic disease or condition associated. Most of the time is what is called Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS. Before considering that its IBS however, a series of tests has to be asked and done by your gastroentrologist to ensure that there is no associated organic disease.
These tests might range from simple stool exams, cultures, colonoscopy and other upper upper gastrointestinal tract endoscopic exams to abdominal ultrasounds. When all these are excluded, then symptoms could then be attributed to IBS.
Treatment includes both medications and lifestyle changes
Eating lots of vegetables and fruits, lots of fibre rich foods, exercise, avoiding gas producing foods, avoiding late night heavy meals could be helpful. As you wait to take an appointment with the gastroenterologist, drinking a lot of water and fluids and applying these measures could be of great help.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The symptoms your having are likely of gastritis(inflammation of stomach) could be due to APD that is acid peptic disease.I would suggest you to consult a physician,who may be able to perform upper G I endoscopy on you to determine the cause of your symptoms.You may need antacids and proton pump blockers like pantoprazole.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor