Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have tubes tied. Taking ortho tri cyclen for bleeding during intercourse. Any alternate treatment?

I am taking OrthoTricyclin for bleeding with intercourse. My tubes are tied so I do not need it for birth control . My doctor told me that I was bleeding because I needed a little extra estrogen . However, I am extremely emotional the week before my period. Any other type of treatment for bleeding without having to take birth control? I would prefer the pharmaceutical type of treatment if possible.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Usually we do not prescribe Ortho Tricyclin to control bleeding after intercourse. We do thorough clinical , Per speculum, and per vaginal examination, PAP test, Hormonal test , blood tests to rule out Coagulation or bleeding disorders, and USG ( Scan) of lower Abdomen. Once we establish the cause for bleeding, then we treat accordingly.

In fact it is the contraindication to use Oral contraceptives in undiagnosed vaginal bleeding. I am sure, your Doctor must have given you these pills after ruling out any other cause for your bleeding.

You may try Primrose Oil for your mood and emotional disturbances before period.
I hope, this information will help you. if there is any other query, do not hesitate to ask.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor