Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy test is negative. Had Essure procedure done. Advice?

I am showing multiple signs of pregnancy but my pregnancy test results were negative. I also underwent the Essure procedure in 2010 and it was confirmed to be successful. I am concerned on what my next options are and what else might be causing these health issues. Any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
Essure is a highly successful option for tubal sterilization.
If pregnancy tests are negative, then chances of your being pregnant are almost nil.
Relying on symptoms is less reliable.
Your next option would be to consult a gynecologist, who could further rule out a pregnancy by a transvaginal ultrasound or by a blood B HCG test.
All the best.
Answered: Tue, 14 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor