Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Have pain in ribs and vomiting. Used to drink alcohol and smoke. Recommendations?

Hi I m erika 18 years old and have been ill for the past 6 months I have pain under my left rib cage and vomit alot everyday I can t eat anything or keep anything down I m in so much pain and feel so weak I just don t no what to do and the doctors down where I live seem to be takin long about the situation and it only seems to be getting worst I keep thinking I ve got the big c my past I used to drink a lot of alchol and gave up 7 months ago also gave up smokin every since then I ve been ill I m just so scared can u please help me??
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum.

Pain below the ribs can be due to gastric problem, acid reflux, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, irritation in the spleen, etc. There is nothing to fear, you need to see a doctor and get clinically examined for any swelling, tenderness, inflammation, etc.

You should get routine blood tests, LFT and USG done to detect the cause of your problem at the earliest. Anti-emetics, analgesics, ranitidine tabs can be of help, take medicines only after consultation with the treating doctor.

Avoid alcohol and smoking, it will worsen your condition. You are in need of medical attention, you need infusions and antibiotics to prevent dehydration and to stabilize your condition. Get admitted in a hospital, take care.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor