Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Have pain and swollen bumps near vagina. On medication for UTI. Cure?

A week ago, after having alot of rough and few times dry sex with my boyfriend for the first time in about 3 months, i noticed two smal and one a little larger in size cuts in my vaginal area. I looked it up online and didn t thibk much of it until it caused me a lot of pain and swelling and bumps started showing up. I went to the doctor and they took an urine test and gave me medicine for a uti but nothing for the bumps or cuts.. what could they be? And what can i do to help make them go away?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Small abrasions can occur during intercourse. There is possibility that they might have got infected and giving you the pain.
So you better consult gynecologist and get examined.
Local antibiotic and anti-fungal cream along with analgesic effect can give relief to you.
Taking sitz bath can give symptomatic relief.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor