Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have osteoarthritis, Klinefelter syndrome. Suffering from depression. Loss of mobility. Am I eligible for SSI disability?

i am a 43 yr old man, i was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome when I was 24. over the years I have developed osteoarthritus, cant seem to get a hold on the weight and am dealing with depressions. I have recently been put out of work, becuase i am losing mobility. I am appying for SSI Disability , Is klinefelter syndrome a recognized qualifying disease?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using health care magic for asking your question. Klinefelter syndrome with osteoarthritis and depression is surely disabling and i am sure you are having a tough time. However whether your disability illness is under the disability specific illnesses list of your country is something which will decide whether you will get the benefit. Moreover some orthopedics doctor has to quantify your disability before you are certified. Like in India, patient first approaches an orthopedician to quantify his disability and seek a disablity certificate from him. later on he approaches the specific government authority to authorize him for the possible state benefits. So it all depends on the country where you are residing.
I hope i was of some help to clarify your doubts.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Sun, 16 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor