Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have folliculitis, sore rashes groin, scrotum, legs, thigh, armpits, forearms. No relief with anti-fungal cream, antibiotics

Folliculitis-like rashy sores originally appeared on groin and penis/scrotum and has progressively spread down my legs, on my forearms, inner thigh, buttocks and armpit. I was given anti-fungal cream and antibiotics as the doctor said it was fungal folliculitis but the problem has persisted for 3 more weeks with next to zero improvement.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Friend,
Thanks for your Query to Health Care Magic ..

I read your concern and it seems that you are rightly diagnosed by your Physician as Fungal Folliculitis ..

I would like to treat you with Topical Benzyl Benzoate after making the skin dry .
Also Clindamycin ointment helps to kill infection by bacteria.

Prevention and Treatment is based on Keeping skin dry is important,

1) Avoid using same bath towel
2) Zinc oxide and Ketaconazole Body lotion / soap is used twice daily to reduce symptoms of sores and rashes caused by fungal folliculitis.

Hope this information is Helpful .
Thanks & Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor