Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have endometriosis and PCOS after still birth, irregular and longer periods. Should try for child?

hi there, I m 40 yrs old, I have 3 children and lost a baby at 5 months in 2010 (december). I had endometriosis when I was younger and doc imformed me I have pcos after the still birth. Since then my periods last longer and are somewhat irregular. My 3 boys were all c-sections with the last one being complicated due to so much scar tissue . Given this little information do you think we should try to get pregnant one more time or should I just be happy with what I have. I have lost 2 stone and I feel and look a lot healthier now. what do you think?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
I think you could get pregnant if you want, it is not risky for your general health. However your hormonal panel should be inspected (FSH, LH, Prolactin, Estrogen, Progesteron, Testosteron). You had too many c-sections so it is quite dangerous for next pregnancies. Indole-3-carbinol could be prescribed to treat your endometriosis, it is like an alternative to hormontherapy. Your abnormal periods could be corrected by phyto-drugs or homeopathic pills. Eat more fruit and vegetables. Avoid smoking and alcohol (it is important).
Wish you Good Health
Dr O. Aleksandrov
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor