Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have disfigured foot. Hurts while walking. How to get relief from pain?

hi my name is AAAAAAA and im 18 and since i was little ive had a disfigured left foot and i also have very flat feet and they hurt sometimes alo twhen i walk, is there anything i can do for the pain
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

You need a detailed clinical & radiological examination to assess the severity of your foot deformity.

Momentary pain relief can be obtained by using over the counter pain medications like advil or aleve. You can also use specially designed shoes with good soft padding inside them & medial arch supports for your flat feet.

I feel that permanent solution for your painful disfigured foot would be surgical correction either in the form of osteotomies or arthrodesis.

Consult an orthopedic surgeon for a detailed evaluation and further management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Thu, 20 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor