Have bilateral sciatic neuropathy with mild spastic paraplegia from a spinal injury. Now have numbness, grip weakness. Problem?

Hi there. I've recently begun to use a cane, (I have bilateral sciatic neuropathy with mild spastic paraplegia from a spinal injury) and I now have numbness between my ring and small finger in the cane hand, without any apparent grip weakness. I sometimes get mild pain on the back of the hand, as well as the inner ulnar side of the wrist. Unlike temporary loss of sensation in the ulnar nerve that occurs from acute pressure, I can still feel the outside of the little finger and the back of my hand.

This has been going on for about a month - should I push for an earlier appt with my neurologist? If not, its another month. What do you think is going on?
Mon, 1 Jul 2013