What causes finger-locking while bending it?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My left pointing finger feels like it's locked when I bend it and is difficult to straighten it once it's bent. I did have ulnar nerve transposition about four years ago in both arms and am a type 2diabetic.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be trigger finger.

Detailed Answer:
The locking of the finger in the flexed position can be due to a trigger finger. It happens due to stricture of the tendon and inflammation. Not likely to be related to a nerve issue or diabetes.
You need to consult an orthopedician for proper examination. Regular physiotherapy and local steroid injection can help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T