Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have abnormal bleeding. Noticed blood clot like discharge from vagina. Cancer? Concerned

Hi my name is Michael Johnson and my wife has had abnormal bleeding for a month or so and when we had her checked in the er diagnosis was undetermined blood work came back ok but the other she had a discharge where a small tissue like sac fell out of her vagina it almost appears as a blood clot what can it be ? Is it cancer?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCm.
Cancer is the last you should think of. This looks like blood clot, and causes of abnormal bleeding in women are various. Most of them arent serious. She should do hormone blood levels and pelvic ultrasounds to rule out ovary disorder such as cysts or endometriosis. You didnt mention her age. Different causes are common in different age groups. In peri and postmenopause uterus cancer is more common and bleedings are usually irregular. In middle aged woman pregnancy should always be excluded. The last possibility is pelvic infection which can cause bleeding, disharge and ain in lower abdomen. I suggest to do tests i ve mentioned and then plan further treatment. Wish you good health and good luck Sir.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor