Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have a hole behind molar. Started as cut and grew. Pregnant. Have few other cavities also

I have a hole behind my right too molars by where my throat opening is. It started as a,cut and just grew. You can't really see it, but it's very painful. My insurance says I can't see the dentist till next month and i am also 10 weeks pregnant. I have a,few cavities, and one big one on my front bottom tooth near gun line...
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

The hole may be arised from periodontitis/pericoronitis of wisdom teeth.
Since you are pregnant,the decayed teeth has to be treated with excavating infected pulp and dentin using hand instruments and by placing medicament.
Get your teeth cleaned.
Frequent warm saline gargle may be helpful.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Use chorhexidine mouthrinse to gargle.
Medicines can be taken after consulting with your dentist.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

it is better to get the dental treatment done in the second are advised to see your dentist as soon as possible, so that whichever cavities are superficial can be excavated and filled.

so that further infection in your mouth can be prevented.

you can also see your physician and ask for suitable antibiotics and analgesics at this stage.

meanwhile maintain good oral hygiene.
hope it helps.

take care.

Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

As you are pregnant care should be taken before prescription of drugs and during treatment.
Before taking any medication consult your OBGN doctor to know the safety for you.

For dental reasons you can take amoxicillin twice daily.
Avoid exposure to x-rays.

The infected dentine and pulp can be extirpated and temporary filling can be placed, this will subside the toothache temporarily.

Meantime you maintain a good oral hygiene at home, use saline water gargles, antiseptic mouthwash like chlorhexidine twice daily.

Further treatment has to be done after delivary.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hello there ,

Dental treatment can be carried out for you till your second trimester as it is safe period .

Cavities in the teeth can be excavated professionally by approaching a dentist and the affected teeth can be filled with cementing material .

Infected teeth needs root canal treatment which can be carried out after your delivery.

avoid exposure to x rays and take medication consulting your OBGN .

I would suggest you to consult a dentist and get the clinical examination and evaluation done accordingly treatment can be carried out.

i hope this helps ,

take care.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor