Can Dettol cure cavities in mouth?

I got a cavity in my 1st pre molar tooth. I can't see clearly but can sense with my tongue. Quit big hole. This I noticed just 2 days before. I don't feel any pain will chewing. So can I use dettol to rinse my mouth after brushing?? Will this be helpful???
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If you can sense a cavity on your tooth then doing gargles is not going to heal it, also dettol is not meant for mouth gargles.
So please do not gargle with dettol. You can use betadine mouth rinse or can use Chlorohexidine mouthwash.
Along with it you should consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated and if the cavity has not reached the nerves then it can be filled with tooth colored filling material.
If there is deep decay then Root Canal treatment can be done followed by antibiotics nad painkillers.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Honey Arora