Has deep vein thrombosis, developed superficial thrombophlebitis, rapid pulse rate. How can this be treated?

History of Present Illness The patient is a 40 year old male admitted to Riverside Medical Center for treatment of deep vein thrombosis in his left lower extremity. The patience has always been healthy, has never been hospitalized, and has had no medical problems until recently. About 6 weeks ago, he developed a superficial thrombophlebitis of the left low extremity. He was treated for this without incident and seems to improve. About 1 week ago, he was trying to get back into shape and started working out on a treadmill. He noted some discomfort in his left calf , which he had attributed to muscle pain and continue his exercise. Over the past 24 hours, the left of lower extremity has become more painful and swollen. He was seen by Dr. Winston at the Riverside Medical Center and a Doppler ultrasound was performed demonstrating clear evidence of deep vein thrombosis. He is now admitted for treatment of that condition. He has not had any undue shortness of breath, nor has he had any polyp petitions, cough, or chest pain . He notes that he usually runs a rapid pulse in the range of 80 or 90. This is a homework assignment I need to Fix This (Make corrections to punctuation and the context and then type this exercise with corrections.) Hope u can help, I did some corrections but not sure if I fixed all the typos.
Mon, 2 Dec 2013
Dear Friend.

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) can have many reasons, it can be Provoked or Unprovoked.
Check if he has any risk factors like, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, smoker, on any particular drugs, a long hault travel in bus or plane, bed ridden.

If not, he has unprovoked episode that requires detailed evaluation , your doctor must be evaluating him for that.

For treatment purpose, he must be receiving anti-coagulation. That will followed by long term anti-coagulation, duration depending on the cause of DVT, whether provoked or unprovoked.

Keep him admitted, prompt treatment is required as a clot can reach to lungs, leading to pulmonary embolism, which can prove to be fatal.

Let us know,if you have any other query.

Wish your friend a speedy recovery.