Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Has chronic urticaria, pain and discomfort. Check for metal fragments in blood?

My father has chronic urticaria and he has suffered with this for about 4 years. He is in terrible pain and discomfort but nothing seems to help. Surely there must be some solution to this condition. My theory s that he needs a blood test to check for metal fragments in his blood, which may be present from a metal hip which was fitted.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query

i can feel your concerns

usually metal hip does not result in metal fragments and does not result in itching.

The cause of urticaria should be sorted out properly and treated accordingly.

he can use painkillers and antihistamines after consulting his doctor.

wishing him speedy recovery
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor