Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Has bilateral polycystic ovaries. Irregular period. Painful vagina. Suggestion?

Hi, I am Shey. I just want to help my friend. She is turning 21 years old this year. She started having her period when she was 12 years old but since then, her period happened every after six months. She started missing her monthly period since she was 16 years old (as in no monthly period at all). She consulted an Obgyne last week and was advised to undergo rectal ultrasound . After the ultrasound, the doctor said my friend has bilateral polycystic ovaries and prescribed medicine named ‘provera’ and a 21-day pill . My friend has no unusual body hair growth, no acne on her face, not obese (she weighs 49 kilos, and 5’1’’ in height). She feels as if there is no problem in her body except for sudden mild pain on her vagina . Can I have your opinion regarding this? Your response will be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot and more power to your site.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Shey,
No medicine for polycystic ovaries,depending upon the size the Ob Gyne will decide the surgery,and meanwhile medication for temporary relief.Nothing to worry but patient has to be under constant observation by lady doctor.
Answered: Mon, 7 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor