Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Hard red area on perineum along perennial raphe. Why is it pus and blood filled?

Hi my husband has a hard red area on his perenium along the perineal raphe. It has burst with puss and blood , we drained it the most we could and cleaned with hydrogen and water mix and covered with a neosporin bandage . He had the same thing not even one month ago. We went to health clinic and he was given two types of antibiotic for ten days. They took a culture but we did not get a call. I am going to take him there again tomorrow however, I would like to know what type of care he needs to get to the bottom of what is causing this and not just put a bandaide over it and wait for to reoccur. Thanks so much, Holly
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  404
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

He might have developed bacterial infection.

That is the reason for pus

Treatment is with antibiotics but the choice of antibiotics should be based on culture and sensitivity tests.

Its good that they have taken pus for culture.

Just maintain good hygiene and wait for culture report.

It will help in finding out the exact cause.

If possible surgical drainage can also be done.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor