Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Had massive heart attack, double by-pass. What are other treatment options?

Hi, I had a massive heart attack and double by-pass in Aug of 2009My ejection fraction is 20 and I m 57 and feel pretty good concidering what I ve been through.I m coming into an inheritance this year and I want to set it up on a schedule of yearly payments. My dilema is how many years. I was thinking 20 but was told that may be a little high expectation. Your thoughts please !
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
with EF - 20% you can not expect the lifespan, there is high risk of recurrent symptoms like shortness of breath and heart failure . So whatever your plans should be completed as early as possible.
Other treatment options like CRT and heart transplantation can be considered possible , for this you discuss with your cardiologist .
Finally don't be anxious have regular checkups and use medicines regularly.
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor