Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Had flu-like symptoms, sudden onset of arrhythmia's, feeling exhausted. How to cure?

This week I had flu-like symptoms (severe body aches, low grade temp) but with no cough of respiratory symptoms. My fever & aches have subsided today. But yesterday I had a sudden onset of arrhythmias (feels like PVC's). That lasted about an hour. The same arrhythmia woke me this morning, and lasted for several hours.
They are gone now, but I feel totally exhausted. I tire easily from doing the most simple things. What's going on with me?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. although many arrhythmias are not life threating,and can occur at any age.
2. A doctor can detect an irregular heartbeat during a physical exam by taking your pulse or through investigations like: EKG, Holter Monitoring,stress EKG, echo cardiogram to rule out any coronary artery disease [CAD]
3. stop smoking,limit alcohol intake, and caffeine intake [such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, and some over-the-counter medications), stay away from stimulants used in cough and cold medications.

PS: According to recent European society of Cardiology study: potential effect of H1N1 influenza infection [flu like symptoms] can trigger ventricular arrhythmia, so also check with the same.
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor