Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

HSG report reads defect in endometrial cavity. Can I not get pregnant? Do I need laproscopy?

Hi, I am 36 years old with normal ovaries and uterus cavity report also shows everything normal. My HSG report - Uterus evidence of filling defect noted in the endometrial cavity in the mid uterine segment. Both fallopian tubes well delineated with dye with minimal peritoneal spillage. What does this mean? Can t I get pregnant naturally? Do I need to go through laproscopy to remove the polyp ? If I get pregnant naturally, will I be able to deliver without major issues?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.

The filling defect may be a polyp, a septum or a partial septum. Also the tubes are showing minimal spillage indicating that there is some hinderance in flow.

I suggest that you have a laproscopy and hysteroscopy procedure to see for the tubes and uterine cavity. Any defects can be then corrected improving chances of pregnancy.

The chances of natural conception cannot be commented in such cases as defects are found. Also what will happen during pregnancy and labor is also unpredictable and will depend upon what the filling defect is. If it is a septum then preterm labor and retained placenta after delivery may be possible. However it all depends upon what the defect is.

Do not worry, these are not uncommon and can be corrected.
Thanks for using HCM.
Feel free to ask any more queries.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Fri, 28 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor