Suggest exercise for low lying placenta during pregnancy
i am 13 weeks expecting ...14th week s running currently.. in the 7th week scan the placenta was low lying was covering only half of the cervix canal.. but in yesterday's scan its still shown low lying n covering the full CN now.
In this situation please tell me what of kind of exercise can i do? and what kind of activities should i completely avoid..i stay on first without lift facility so i cannot avoid it but i take stairs slowly now..is that fine?
No exercises recommended
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Low lying placenta usually migrates upwards into the uterine cavity as the gestation advances.
No exercises or methods can change the placental location.
No exercise is recommended in case of complete placenta previa.
You should avoid heavy work, heavy and strenuous exercise,and intercourse to avoid any bleeding due to low placenta.
Yes, you can slowly take the stairs to your home.
Just be precautious and get a repeat scan at 28 weeks to confirm the location of the placenta.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Growth on placenta during pregnancy
- What causes low lying placenta in pregnancy
- Placenta is posterior grade 2 low lying placenta margin extends up to os during pregnancy
- Low-lying placenta in pregnancy
- Ayurveda for low lying placenta during pregnancy
- Cyst on placenta during pregnancy
- Scan shows low lying placenta during pregnancy normal
- Low placenta in pregnancy
- Location of placenta during pregnancy
- Placenta low lying during pregnancy taken care in 27th week