Suggest exercise for low lying placenta during pregnancy

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: hi,
i am 13 weeks expecting ...14th week s running currently.. in the 7th week scan the placenta was low lying was covering only half of the cervix canal.. but in yesterday's scan its still shown low lying n covering the full CN now.
In this situation please tell me what of kind of exercise can i do? and what kind of activities should i completely avoid..i stay on first without lift facility so i cannot avoid it but i take stairs slowly now..is that fine?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No exercises recommended

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Low lying placenta usually migrates upwards into the uterine cavity as the gestation advances.
No exercises or methods can change the placental location.
No exercise is recommended in case of complete placenta previa.
You should avoid heavy work, heavy and strenuous exercise,and intercourse to avoid any bleeding due to low placenta.
Yes, you can slowly take the stairs to your home.
Just be precautious and get a repeat scan at 28 weeks to confirm the location of the placenta.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine