Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online


Dear Doctor,
My situation -

One day I had a protected vagina sex with a sex worker. This was only one & first sex with prostitute.

HIV ELISA TEST after 6-7 weeks, 3.5 months that come negative.

But after 6.5 months (28 weeks/194 days) I suffered fever, cold, sore throat, headache, muscle pain & pneumonia etc (7-8 days) that type of disease is really very new experience for me. After this, I marriaged a girl. After 1 month, my wife infected fever & flu (3-4 days). Now, my wife is pregnant. Then, I again start to get hiv concern! Even, I am afraiding to take an hiv test again? I went an STD doctor. For my again hiv test fear, he advice me CBC test that come good (Lymphocyte 34%).

And 13 March, 2011 HIV STRIPT TEST (after 2 years) that come negative.

Am I in a risk still now? Please, answer my question.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1053
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
sorry to hear that. please go to "Sex with HIV" on
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi Welcome to

HIV ELISA detect antibodies from 3 months onwards. There are are chances it can detect earlier. So I recommend ELISA test again. Flu like symptoms you and your wife had may be seasonal and happened randomly and may not be related HIV.

Regards Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor