Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Growth on chin. Became tight ball. What is the fluid that oozed out? Pus?

I have what started out to be what I thought was an ingrown hair on my chin . I gave it time to heal, then it became a tight little ball, I squeezed it last night and a lot of fluid came out mostly what looked like watered down blood with patches of puss flowing with it. It was inflames a bit this morning so I squeezed it ahain and the fluid was a deep red blood with some puss. Any idea what this might be?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
It looks like infected sebaceous cyst or folliculitis.
You shoudl take an antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine.
If the pus along with the wall comes out,it will heal well.
If only pus comes out and the wall is still present,get it removed completely by a surgeon after redness and pain are decreased.
Nothing to worry
Wish you good health
Answered: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor