Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Growing tissue from tonsils, painful. Diagnosed as virus. Is it contagious? Suggestions?

I went to the doctor the other day and he told me that the Tissue from my tonsils is growing on the back of my tongue but It is getting worse and hurts a lot, he told me it was just a virus but said to rince my mouth out with warm water and salt but it doesnt feel any better? will the growth of the tissue go away with the virus? is it contagious?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It is doubtful is it virus. If yes, it can be contagious but you should do smear to rule this out. It can be bacterial infection or benign/malignant tumour growth. If this doenst go away you should do biopsy and smear as I said. If there are any concerns then tonsillectomy should be performed. WIsh you good health.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor