Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Greenish spot on the side. Matter of concern?

Hi im asking about my 16yr old son. He has a spot on his side which has been there a while its about the size of my little finger tip. It has red around it and the spot goes in (not out) which is like a infected colour green. He doesn t have any other spots just a few little teenage spots on his face. Do you think I should be worried at all. Thank you. Sian
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare Magic.

As per your query your son have greenish spot. IN your query you have not mentioned the exact area where the spot is present and the time period since the spot is their. As per your query the greenish spot also have reddish color along with of the spot.
Most commonly these kind of spots are formed after simple collection of blood after any injury or due to friction which we call as "bruises'.
As these bruises changes the color it is first red, then blue, black and lastly green.
Ask your son for any injury over that site. You can wait for around 7days. If the color is changing then is nothing to be worried but if this persist then it is better to consult a dermatologist for best guidance.

Hope these information will help.

"With good health wishes"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & STDs)
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor