GERD, heartburn, nausea, hypertension. Discontinued Prilosec. Is that the reason?

This concerns a GERD problem. My MD suggested Prilosec (Omeprazole 20 mg) OTC. I have taken one pill
a day for 2-3 years. It helped with my heart burn. However, I have become quite nauseated for a couple of weeks
now and have discontinued taking the medication for 5 days. The nausea has lessened somewhat. I am also,
on hypertension medication. Could the Prilosec be the cause of this nausea even after I have discontinued
the Prilosec?
Thu, 25 Jul 2013