Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination. Solution?

I am a 42 year old male and feel like I have to urinate really bad but not much comes out. I have this feeling for most of the day, but it s really bad a night. It has gotten more intense over the past 2 days. What are the possibilities?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your symptoms are suggestive of an enlarged prostate gland. This condition is known as benign prostatic hyperplasia and is a common age related change seen in men. You would benefit from a drug like a alpha blocker like tamsulosin. This is a prescription drug and I would not be able to prescribe it for you here, given the nature of this forum. I would suggest that you see your physician and get an examination done. An ultrasound may then be required for confirmation before starting treatment.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor