Does Sildenafil interact with Amiodarone, Chlorthalidone and Tamsulosin?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Does sildenafil have a bad reaction to amiodarone, chlorthalidone, atorvastin calcium or tamsulosin?
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that the only interaction is between sildenafil and tamsulosin, by increasing each other effect and increasing the risk for low blood pressure.

Coming to this point, you can safely take sildenafil concomitant with your current therapy.

I would just advice reducing the dose of tamsulosin the day that you are going to take sildenafil.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri