Ask a Urologist   »  

Can Tamsulosin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin and Potassium CL be taken together?

Question
I recently saw urologist have me taking tamsulosin hcl 0.4 mg have not stated taking it has yet cause I am worried about interaction with other pills I am taking for blood pressure, hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, potassium cl er 20, simvastatin 20 mg
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Question unclear

Detailed Answer:

Your question was not clear.
Do you mean you were prescribed Tamsulosin 0.4mg by your urologist during your recent visit? You did not start this drug because you were worried that this might interact with other drugs you were taking i.e HCT 25mg, Pot Chloride 20, Simvastatin , is my understanding correct?
If yes, you should not worry because Tamsulosin has no major interactions with the above drugs that should not be stopped by you for no reason.