Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Foot injury, painful, bruising, hurts to walk. Should it be checked?

I think I broke my big toe? Today I was about to get a pedi when I was adjusting myself in the chair a my foot slipped and bashed really hard into the side. It really hurt but I continued even though it hurt really really bad. I know the only thing they will do is tape it but should I go and get it checked out anyway. It did bruise all most right away and hurts to walk. Should I get it checked out.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Dear
Thanks for your query.

Yes you should get it checked up by an orthopedic surgeon.

XRay of foot is needed.

If there is fracture , immobilisation is needed.

The pain may be muscle pain too. Taking Aceclofenac-Paracetamol combination tablet will help reduce the pain.Serratiopeptidase will decrease the swelling.
But don't take medicine without doctor's prescription.Get a medical check up.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is wiser to get it checked anyway.
A complete fracture may need immobilisation. A simple crack need is easy to deal with.
The discomfort can also be from the bruise.
You have not stated your age - increasing age may need investigations for osteoporosis.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor