Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Fluid sacs above collar bone, under armpit. Nasal endoscopy done, wants to do blood test, X-ray. History of back injury. Treatment for fluid sacs?

Hi I m hoping you can help my husband had a back injury 4 years ago. He has developed fluid sacs with no lumps as such and no pain just above his collar bone and one has now developed under his armpit he attended hospital who put a microscope up his nose and down his throat they now want a full blood test and an X-ray for them to take a sample of the fluid can you tell me what could be the matter at all Thankyou
Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
dear Nicola.sands.1,
welcome to hcm.
We are here only to help you and please do not panic.
It would've very informative if u had mentioned the size of the fluid sacs and it doesnt mention if they have been developed at the same region where the injury was sustained. and the lesions which ur mentioning in the armpit, it is very unlikely to develop after 4yrs. From the available history, it is very inappropriate to make a clear cut diagnosis and treat without visualising the lesions.
However, I would advice You to follow up with the doctor previously consulted and/or take another opinion from Consultant surgeon..
Kindly do the Lab investigations and follow up accordingly for the best treatment and kindly do not make a delay.
Thank You:-)
Hav a happy day:-)
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor