Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Flow of urine is getting slow, please suggest

Hi, I recently found that my dad has grown a new problem. His flow of urine is getting slow, also the amount has decreased a bit. A general physician consulted that it may be the case of prostrate. So, I want to know, whether prostrate problems can be cured through medicinal treatments only or not. We don't want to go for any type of surgery . Is this possible ? Pls reply asap.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Aug 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  372
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
you can an ultrasound done. prostate can be removed by TURP without any incision on skin. you can contact us for the same.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Prostrate hyperplasia is a common problem that men with age above 45 yrs usually face. It would be best if you can consult an urologist so that the required tests are done to assess the prostrate. there are medical treatment and also surgical treatment, and the best solution can be provided only after the problem is assessed by an expert.
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
The answer to your question lies in the diagnosis first.Go for ultrasound examination first then only this can be confirmed which needs to supplemented with local examination.Normal size of prostate is about if the size bigger and more importantly the amount of urine left in the bladder after urination is also important.Medical treatment is effective in mild cases .your doctor will guide your more.
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor