Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Feeling dizzy after a fall. Normal scan results. Taking vertin for vertigo. How long should I take the medication?

Hello Doctor, I had slipped and had a fall inside my home, was unconscious for a few moment. While the Scan showed normal results, I had dizzy feeling. Doctor confirmed vertigo and prescribed Vertin 8mg. After 1 month I was perfectly alright. After a year now, I have a similar dizzy feeling. Can I take Vertin now? Need your help please
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Vertigo is most commonly related to conditions of the inner ear. The most common inner ear conditions that are associated with vertigo are: (1) BPPV- this stands for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. In this case the episodes occur with certain positions of the head and last no more than a few seconds.

(2)meniere's disease- this vertigo lasts a few minutes to hours, it usually associated with nausea , hearing loss and tinnitus

(3)vestibular neuronitis- vertigo lasts days with nausea and no other symptoms

You can use the vertin if it is not expired. Normally medication should only be used for a short period of time.

If it persists then you may want to see your doctor.

I hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 2 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor