What causes hyperventilation, numbness on the sides and intermittent dizziness?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hello Doctor !
Today I went to my Hot Yoga class...and half way through the class i felt i was hyper ventilating ..so i stepped out of the hot room and my left side went kinda numb and my left eye was only open half way for about a minute , i have been doing regular excersices and losing wieght ..i have lost about 18 pounds in 3 months and I have mildly high blood sugar ..approx 130 fasting and between 100 to 140 after meals. I also have been feeling like im dizzy on and off for the past few months ...and the doctors here are saying all my tests are ok ..i am confused ...
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
High blood sugar levels

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Your blood sugar levels are marginal. You should get a postprandial sugar levels done and tell me if you are taking any medicines.
You should get your blood pressure checked.
The dizziness can be due to low blood sugar levels after exercise or blood pressure changes.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: What causes hyperventilation, numbness on the sides and intermittent dizziness? 26 hours later
Yes that can be the case yesterday..but do I need Metformin for this type of Numbers ..because I am making lifestyle changes like regular excersice and healthy diet .I am also checking my Blood Sugar regularly.But doctor XXXXXXX if you are a ENT specialist I have a particular question which is that I get a dizziness feeling in my head sometimes maybe for 1minutes sometimes may more sometimes ..see I work in bank as teller so sometimes i have to pick up coins rack ..so if i get up from floor I feel dizzy ...depends on my head movement also...and I feel some sort of pressure in my head also at that time...this has been going on for 3 months now..i have some reports I will send u...what do you think doctor ?
Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Benign positional vertigo

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information
Lifestyle measures are enough to control the marginally high blood sugar levels.
For vertigo, you should do vertigo exercises. As the vertigo is episodic, it is probably positional vertigo and can be managed with exercises.
Send me the reports you have. This will help me to diagnose and suggest you better.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: What causes hyperventilation, numbness on the sides and intermittent dizziness? 3 hours later
Thanks Doctor !
That is what I am being told by other doctors also ..but I have not been diagnosed at a doctors office with this..but because I was just told about my blood sugar levels...i keep thinking that is the cause of this dizziness.
Does this cause numbness because sometimes .. i feel numbness in my lower jaw maybe for 10 seconds sometimes in my hands ..sometimes in my feet...you know different parts ..but only for short 10 seconds or so..
thank you XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Peripheral neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Deranged blood sugar levels can lead to numbness. You should take vitamin b 12 supplementation for that

Any more queris are always welcome
Thanks and regards