Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain in leg, tingling sensation in arms and hands. What should be done to get relief?

My son will wake up in a panic in the night every once in a while a bit disoriented and complaining that his arms and hands hurt. It sounded like they were numb and that he was just experiencing that tingly pain when circulation comes back. However, it seems to linger much longer than it should afterward. He also complains of one or the other legs hurting once every week or two week around bed time. Tonight he is complaining that both his shin and forearm hurts. -Colene
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Colene,

Thank you for your query.

Unfortunately you have not mentioned the age of your son. Presuming that he is around 3 years of age children do complain of such pain which is know as "growing pain". Nothing needs to be done for it as it subsides on its own. You can ask him to soak his legs in luke warm water before retiring which should give him some relief.

As your son is also complaining of pain in the arms it may require a detailed examination by a doctor for the likely possible causes. The doctor would like to do a complete neurological examination for the pain and tingling sensation.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor