Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Excessive sweating even while doing light work, body always warm. How to reduce sweating?

I m a 66 year old male. I have always had heavy face sweating even when doing very light work outside in the winter and in the summer will sweat just sitting outside. I am warm when others are just right or even cool. I m tired of always sweating like I ve been working out when actually doing very little. I am not over weight. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

The symptoms that you mention are very typical of a thyroid condition called hypothyroidism. I believe that you need to visit with a doctor who will take and H&P and do a complete physical examination and refer you to a lab which can do the needed blood studies and imaging studies to find out what is really wrong. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Thu, 30 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor