Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Ex-partner could not bear children with me, has got new partner pregnant. Does this mean I have a problem?

hi i was with my partner for 10 years and he had a sperm count and it said he had 100,000 sperm 40% were dead 35%were low motility 25% were good forward motion we could never have a child but i already have a child from a previous man but he left me and is with someone else and he got her pregnant within a month of being with her does this mean i have the problem and cant have children any more
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You say you already had one issue with some other person, but could not conceive with the man in refference even after 10 years of contact, while the same person could impregnate another woman.
This does not essentially mean that you were at fault, & you can not conceive any more. Please don't worry. There are few things which can cause imfertility in certain couples, like-
_ The person might have had treatment ,there by improving his sperm count/ motility/live sperms.
- The lac of psychological involvement in the couple / dislike of a perticular partner can turn into lac of sexual desire/ unsuccessful conception.
- The vaginal mucus of a lady may produce antibodies against a perticular sperm ,thus failure to conceive.
If you are eager to conceive, please get yourself checked up by an expert Gynecologist,& treatment if needed,before you try for it.
Answered: Thu, 19 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor