Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Early menarche, stopped growth at 10 years. Is there any treatment to grow further?

I started my period at the age of 8 i grew taller i am like the tallest in our class but i stop growing at the age of 10 and now im thirteen my cousin who is younger than me is now taller. i am afraid because im going to a hs life and i know at middle school i am the shortest in class can i still grow tall what can i do to grow PLEASE HELP. thank you and Godbless i wish u answer this ASAP.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You have stared growing at the age of 8 & then at the age of 10 it stops & now it is stagnant as per your observation.Usually in puberty growth of secondary sex characters with growth of bones happens together.The growing period of bones is up to approximately 18 years until epiphysis fuses.
as you have periods nothing to worry. you get growth of bone resulted in increase height up to 18 years of your age.You should not have to do anything special to grow just take enough calcium in the form of milk.Have a nice day.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor