During a heart attack, does the heart rate go up or down?

During a heart attack, does the heart rate go up or down? During a heart attack, does the heart rate go up or down?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
Let me clarify something. A heart attack is not when the heart stops. A heart attack occurs when there is insufficient blood flow to a part of the heart. A part of the heart is injured, or that part actually dies off. Some people are unaware that they have even had a heart attack. The heart rate usually gets faster to try to compensate, but it can go slower as well. Hope this helps!