Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Dull and constant pain below rib cage, shaky and nauseated. Is it period pain?

Hi, I have a dull constant pain in my right hand side, directly below my rib age, I have a strong desire to sleep and feel shaky and nauseous. I thought at first it was severe period pain as I am menstruating but it is far too persistent and has been constant for 2 days now. Thanks for any advice. I am seeing my gp tomorrow but wondering if I should go to the emergency room and get an ultrasound done. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

Pain in the right side of upper abdomen is usually due to either liver or gall bladder.

You should get yourself investigated for the following :-
1. Complete Blood Count (CBC)
2. Liver Function Test (LFT)
3. Serum Amylase
5. Serum Lipase
6. Ultrasound upper abdomen

You should avoid spicy and oily foods.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor