Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Dry skin on vagina, itching, redness, white or brown discharge, spreading to anal area. Treatment?

Hi, I m a 19 year old female and I m not sure what s going on down there but the skin down there is very ashy and dry looking. It itches sometimes and is really red and sore. Sometimes I see white stuff or brown stuff coming from my vagina and I think it s spreading to the anal area because the skin splits. Also when I use the bathroom it sometimes hurts because its so dry down there. What do you think is going on?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms are related to vaginosis (bacterial) and fungal infection of vagina. I suggest to

- testing of vaginal swab to start antibiotic treatment
- I usually recommend taking fluconazole once a week for 4 weeks
- take OTC clotrimazole or econazole cream for local use
- take vaginal suppositories for 12 days, twice daily.
- drink more water
- avoid sex during treatment

All the best!
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor