Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Dry skin on fingertips and thumb. Diagnosed as cryptosis. Want information on it

Hi my name is Ineke, I'm an ex-nurse, now into complimentary health and I'm trying to get some info for a friend. She has very dry skin on her hands, mostly fingertips and thumb. Her G.P. diagnosed it as Cryptosis, but I can't find any info on that. Is that the same condition as Asteatosis? Looking forward to hearing back. Kind regards, Ineke
Thu, 2 May 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Dry skin on fingertips can occur due to; 1.Eczema 2.psoriasis. 3.Vitamin deficiency. 4.Fungal infections. 5.Allergies to detergents,soaps ,chemicals etc. It will be better to consult a dermatologist and take treatment from him.As far as my knowledge is concerned there is nothing like cryptosis of hands. You can just ask her to apply plenty of emollients and avoid harsh soaps.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor