Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Do I have Hypocalcemia based on my report ?

Hypocalcemia? My doctor gave me a blood test and called. She said my surgar level was fine, (Type II), liver was fine, but my calcium level was slightly elevated and to not take my calcium supplements. Could I have hypocalcemia? And can this be corrected or reversed if I do? My calcium levels are slightly elevated according to my doctor. Had blood work, my sugar is fine, (Type II) and liver was O.K. I m worried if I have the conditon hypocalcemia, if so can it be reversed?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  191
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello There..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
Your calcium level is high which is called as hypercalcemia...It might due to various reasons like hyperfunctioning parathyroid gland, increased dietary supplementation etc..You might need a blood work if the level doesn't decrease after stoppage of can be reversed..
Hope this helps.
take care..
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor