Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Discomfort in upper back after a mild strain. Do I need rest or go to a doctor?

Hi, I have discomfort in my upper back for the last few days. I had a close call with horses when I was driving on friday, I had to brake suddendly and sharply to stop my car hitting them. I am wodnering could I have hurt my upper back at all. This is the only thing I can think of that may have aggitated it. I am wondering do I need to just rest it for a few days or should I visit a physio/ chiroprator/ doctor/ none and wait a week or two?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
In my take a complete bed rest for two days and take some analgesic and apply analgesic gel locally, don't try to massage it. If you get relief and the pain reduces than try to go back to your work slowly.
But if their is no relief and your pain increases even after rest than get your X-ray done and consult your doctor for further treatment and investigations.
Complete rest is the best treatment for back pain.
Best Wishes and get well soon
Answered: Thu, 2 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor