Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Discomfort in the left testicle, painful to the touch. Solution?

hi , im a 16 year old boy and for the past 2 days ive had this mild pain but discomfort in my left testicle only, im afraid its something serious like cancer , i tried doing the self exam thing but it hurts to touch either of them , their just really sensitive .. i really dont want to have to go to a doctor it d be too embarrassing, please tell me what to do? im really worried. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Hai Ryankennady,
Welcome to HCM.
Testicular pain at this age is quite common. If your testis is swollen and very painful then it may be due to MUMPS a viral disease or a STD cause. More common is the pain above the testis in the conducting system that is epididymis. This may be due various reasons like filariasis, urinary tract infection , tuberculosis and a STD.
DON'T GET EMBARRASSED TO GO TO A SURGEON and get checked yourself with investigations. This is a must.Possibility of cancer is remote. If it is not treated properly it may lead to a block of your conducting system of sperm transport you may likely to have infertility in the future.
So meet your doctor at the earliest and get cured.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
DR S.Murugan
Answered: Tue, 31 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor